Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ULTIMO TALES COVER#1

Yes I realize there are 2 #one issues on this blog already. A quick story about that, while developing the title "COCKERS" I began the format as a 52 page black and white series of comic books, shortly after I recieved feed back from local shop owners, comic book professionals and close personal friends. All telling me the same thing. I was gonna have a hard time selling my book in black and white as an unknown artist.
At times I can be quite stubborn about what it is that I want (ask any of my previous girlfriends). It took me a while to get with the program but, I finally colored the thing and added an additional chapter which is also 52 pages. The result is a gorgeous 103 page original graphic novel that I cannot wait to see in print. Now for the bad news, the full color graphic novel is damn expensive so to raise money for the thing I came up with this idea to do a prequel series called "ULTIMO TALES". Ultimo Tales tells the story of what happened before the reader gets to the Cockers graphic novel. The format is black and white so its gonna be cheaper to print and its only gonna be 24 pages so its gonna be cheaper to print and dont worry the art is off the hook!!! Black and white never looked so good!!!
-----------okay maybe that story wasnt so quick.

1 comment: