Tuesday, November 12, 2013

the AFRICANAS



During my formative years the comics I read the most were marvel comics. My dad collected marvel comics and would give them to my brothers and I after he was done with em.
In highschool before I was introduced to japanese imports like Akira and Dragonball I was already indoctrinated with marvel stuffs, that being said, many of my original creations were marvelesque in design. The first Africana, created around 2005 was heavily influenced by Jack Kirbys Captain America. Complete with a black shield with an Africa logo in the middle. Some years later I would re-purpose the character for my new series ODDYSEUM... here for the first time the old and the new Africana !!!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Africana had been around that long. I thought she was a new character. Pretty interesting seeing the old and the new together. I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This new Africana looks waaay more glamorous than old Africana. Screw Marvel! ....Having said that, I still kinda want to see the full Africana outfit though, like what's happening on that arm behind new Africana. It looks like something asymmetrical. I love asymmetric stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will put a paper doll in the sketches section in the back of Oddyseum volume one. Paper dolls is what I call costume design for my characters..

    ReplyDelete